In an effort to broaden my son’s rather limited palate, I am constantly searching for new, yet familiar recipes. So when I found this little gem featuring one of his favorite foods, greek yoghurt, I knew that I had to try it! I made mine completely vegetarian, but added prawns to my husband’s dish to appease his carnivorous needs.
Verdict: light and scrummy; quick and easy to prepare.
Prawn Pasta with Lemon Yoghurt Sauce
1 Package Whole Wheat Pasta
1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 medium zucchini, cubed
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
a handful of spinach, roughly chopped
2 handfuls of fully cooked prawns
1. Cook pasta according to package’s instructions.
2. Mix sauce by adding together yoghurt, parmesan, lemon zest, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
3. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook until soft.
4. Add the tomatoes and prawns, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add spinach, cooking until just wilted.
6. Remove from heat, tossing together the veg, pasta and sauce. Serve sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper and grated parmesan.
original recipe from: http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/13338