And to continue with the quiche theme, here is one of my favorite recipes 🙂
Though my kid has a really good diet if you list everything that he will eat, he’ll normally only accept the food if it comes in the same form…such is the case with broccoli. Won’t touch it steamed, roasted or stir-fried, but he doesn’t blink an eye with the crazy amounts that I stuff into this dish.
Feel free to make this in one 9″ deep pie dish, like the Chicken and Rosemary Quiche! The individual bite size quiches were really fun to eat (especially for little one), but they were a pain to prepare. Mine stuck like crazy, so maybe grease first?
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche Cups
1 short crust pastry crust, cut into circles and pressed into a muffin pan
1 cup broccoli, chopped into small bite size pieces
1 1/2 cups half and half (a.k.a. milk+double cream)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 400* F (200* C). Bake crusts until half done, approximately 7-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, steam broccoli until soft. (about 5 minutes)
3. While the broccoli is cooking, make the quiche filling by beating the eggs in a medium bowl until lemon colored. Add half and half, season with salt and pepper and whisk until well mixed.
4. Fill each individual cup with a spoon full of broccoli; pour egg mix over until covered.
5. Bake until set, approximately 20-25 minutes.
6. Sprinkle cheddar over top and return to the oven until the cheese is melted and turning brown.