It’s quiche-stastic!! 😀
(or so I’ve heard :P)
This was a two minute google search to find a recipe with what I had left in the fridge. I had already planned to make Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche Cups for Myles and myself, but forgot that the hubby was going to be home! So, after a quick scan of the contents of my kitchen, I went for this 🙂
It looked really nice, smelled lovely and was greatly appreciated by the man.
Chicken and Rosemary Quiche
1 short crust pastry
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 chicken breast, cubed
1 cup of diced onion
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups of half and half (milk + double cream for y’all in the UK)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1-2 sprigs of rosemary
1. Make short crust pastry; bake until half done in a 400* F (200* C) oven. (approximately 10 minutes)
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until white on all sides. Add onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook until soft (not browned).
3. While the chicken is cooking, make the quiche filling by beating the eggs in a medium bowl until lemon colored. Add half and half, season with salt and pepper and whisk until mixed.
4. Assemble quiche: place chicken mixture into pie crust, top with egg mixture and sprinkle the rosemary leaves over the top.
5. Bake until the quiche is set (about 30-35 minutes); sprinkle the cheese on top and continue to cook until melted and browned.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.grouprecipes.com/80842/chicken-and-rosemary-quiche.html