While my two year old can eat pretty much the exact same thing every week, Momma needs some variety! So, I decided to branch out a bit. This recipe is really great, as it takes minimal extra effort to make something new and visually pleasing for me, whilst making Myles his comfort food.
Plus, I still have pesto in the house. Waste not, want not!
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Risotto
1 recipe for Parmesan Risotto (excluding the peas)
4 portobello mushrooms, rinsed
salt and pepper
a handful of baby spinach leaves
1. Cook a batch of Parmesan Risotto.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400*F (200*C).
3. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for 20 minutes, flipping over half way through.
5. Remove the mushrooms from the oven; fill with risotto, a tsp of pesto and sprinkle with shaven parmesan.
6. Serve on a bed of baby spinach leaves.