I am ever on the hunt to find a good veggie burger! So, when my old cafe friend Kelly passed on this recipe I couldn’t wait to try it! Unfortunately, black beans are almost impossible to find in the UK. Fast forward two years, I finally found them in Waitrose (a store I try to avoid, as it is so expensive…ah, well).
These burgers have quite a kick to them, so feel free to switch up the spicing if you want something more mild.
Spicy Black Bean Burgers
1 can of black beans
1/2 bell pepper (any color), minced
1/2 a small onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp Sriracha
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium high heat.
2. Meanwhile, mash the black beans with a fork in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
4. Form the patties in your hands (they will be very wet!) and add to the oiled skillet.
5. Cook on both sides until browned. Serve on a multi-grain bun.