In a word, Yum.
This meal is SOOOOO quick to make and super healthy, full of omega 3’s, iron, and protein. Plus, Myles loves it! 😀
I’ve had the cous cous recipe for years…and it is one of the few that has stood the test of time! I love it now just as much as the first time.
2 salmon fillets
1 tsp butter
1 tsp cajun seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Prepare the salmon by washing and patting dry. Season with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Add the butter to the hot pan; place the salmon skin side down into the skillet and cook for about 5-6 minutes (the skin will be crispy); carefully flip to cook the other side, covering with a lid to lightly steam, until the flesh is light pink and flakes easily with a fork.
Lemon Spinach Cous Cous
1 1/4 cups veggie broth
1 cup cous cous
1 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 cups spinach, washed and sliced fine
juice of 1 lemon
a small handful of pine nuts (optional)
freshly grated parmesan (optional)
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring the broth to a boil over high heat. Add the cous cous and cover. Remove from the heat and let steam for 5 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add the garlic and pine nuts and saute until fragrant.
3. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in the lemon, cous cous and black pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.