I need to stop blogging so late at night….my mind turns to mush at around 10pm and I’m left with very little to write. 😛
But, I digress….this is corn chowder. It is good.
2 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped fine
1 cup of frozen corn
1 Tbsp butter
salt and pepper
sprig of rosemary or strips of crispy bacon to garnish
1. Parboil the potatoes in water for 7-8 minutes, or until a knife can just pierce.
2. Melt the butter in a large stock pot over medium heat, add the onion and fry until it is just turning soft. Add the carrot, potatoes, salt and pepper and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add milk to about 1″ above the veg; simmer over low heat until the potato is soft and mushy (about 15 minutes) Make sure to keep at a slow boil as to not scorch the milk!
4. Add the corn and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Using an immersion blender, purée the soup leaving some chunks of veg behind. Season to taste and garnish with either a sprig of rosemary or some crispy bacon.